Thursday, September 5, 2013

Story by Ian Frament


When I was in 6th grade I was a larger kid. I was 4 foot even and 140 pounds. Being that size and being picked on I was depressed and had suicidal thoughts, I was only 11. I have been wrestling since I was 5 but wasn't very aggressive about it. The next school year came around and I started modified I worked hard all summer and got down to about 125 pounds. Once wrestling season came around I worked even harder and wrestled that year at 110 pounds. I was happier, healthier, and no one picked on me anymore. All that work showed on the mat, that year I went 11-0. I'm now about to turn 15 and I'm planning on wrestling 126-132 depending where my team needs me. Wrestling made me who I am, it's all I know and all I want to know. Wrestling gave me an unusually great work ethic, everything I do, I do full out. Wrestling also taught me nutrition, pride, and confidence.
That's my story. If wrestling is removed from the Olympics I will be crushed knowing I've worked so hard since I was 11, and I can't show it at the Olympics and get my shot at gold

1 comment:

  1. Great job on improving the website much more user friendly to find the gear we want.
    Wrestling Equipment

    ReplyDelete