Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Story by Joe McFarland

Wrestling? I was one of those small kids in high school who had no other options. I loved the sport and it served as an outlet for me. My senior year I weighed 105 pounds.

I wrestled in college because they had no one else at my weight. I felt I was in college to learn to do a job, but still enjoyed the sport. I weighed 157 pounds when I graduated.

In medical school, it seemed like school would never end. I wrestled for the Multnomah Club. It saved my life. I was able to talk and pal around with normal people once in a while (wrestlers).

After finally escaping from school, I didn't need wrestling any more. Injuries also made it tough for me to continue.

Now, at age 72, I'm back at it. I wrestle once a week with a 66 year old attorney who is as nutty about wrestling as I am.
it allows him to get free medical advise from an Orthopedic Surgeon and I get a chance to choke an attorney.


Thanks for all you are doing. I'm in your corner and always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment