Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Story by Scott Fraizer


I first started wrestling back when I was in middle school, 8th grade to be exact. I had tried out for the basketball team earlier that year, to get involved in something. I did not make the team. I then heard about the school's wrestling program, and I signed up almost immediately. From there, I went to the local sporting goods store, picked out a pair of wrestling shoes (black Nikes) which I still have to this day. I had then began my wrestling career, that year, in 2010. I am now a sophomore, soon to be junior, in high school. Wrestling has been a part of my life since almost 3 years now. It has taught me that if I want to achieve something, I have to work at it, and continue to work at it until I get it 100% right, put forth 110% effort into everything, on and off the mats. It also taught me endurance, and has put me into pretty good shape since my 8th grade year. I do not plan on ever stopping when it comes to wrestling, any less, staying in shape. I have enjoyed it over the past couple of years, and it has also benefitted me in many ways, being in shape being one of them. The school's wrestling team is like my second family, and the wrestling room my home-away-from-home. I don't know what I would do or would be doing right now, had I not decided to wrestle back in 8th grade. It's become a part of my life, a part of me, most of all, it's become me, basically.

No comments:

Post a Comment